Friday, April 15, 2011

Streusel Coffee Cake

When I was a little girl, my mother used to bake this treat for Sunday breakfast. My brother and I would beg for multiple pieces to no avail. This week, I heard the same pleas echoed by my children. They had no better luck than I, for this time, I was hording some of the extras all for myself!

Cake:
1 1/2 c. flour
3 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. butter flavored Crisco
3/4 c. coconut or rice milk
1/4 c. applesauce

Streusel topping:
2 Tbsp. butter flavored Crisco
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350. Pour cake batter into greased 8x8 pan and sprinkle streusel topping generously on top. Bake 20-30 mins.

Glaze:
1 c. confectionery sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. almond
2 Tbsp. vanilla coconut milk

Spoon over warm cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment