Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix

The kids and I trotted into Trader Joe's last Saturday and nearly ran over a giant dancing box of cornbread.  Trader Joe's is busy rolling out their fall fare to the delight of my always-trolling-for-samples children.  This weekend, the featured delicacies were all crafted using Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix.  Now ordinarily I avoid mixes, but upon perusing the ingredient label, I succumbed to the ardent pleas of my children and purchased a box.  I appropriately veganized the add-in ingredients and whipped up a batch of cornbread muffins.  After beating my children off with a stick, I had the delight of trying one myself and they were marvelous!  Hats off to Trader Joe's for making my dinner a child approved meal tonight!

1 box of Trader Joe's Cornbread mix
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup oil 
3/4 cup rice milk (I used Trader Joe's Original)

Preheat oven to 350. 
Grease 10 muffin tins with vegan cooking spray.
Empty the content of the mix into a bowl and add the applesauce, oil, and rice milk.
Stir just until moistened and divide among the 10 tins evenly.
Bake 15 minutes and check with a toothpick for done-ness.
Remove from the tins to a cooling rack immediately.



In addition to the delightful taste and texture, I am extraordinarily pleased to note these muffins did not crumble at all!

2 comments:

  1. these came out great, thanks for this! mine didn't rise quite as high as yours but i added in some coconut flakes so they may have weighed them down. happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete